Fly Tyers are a special breed. It takes patience (oh so much patience), a little inventiveness, and creativity to be a great fly tyer. But many will tell you that it's one of the most rewarding and enjoyable parts of being an angler (to say nothing of keeping busy during the winter months). If you have a fly tyer on your list this year, check out the following gift ideas.
1) Regal Revolution Vise For the fly tyer that wants to take things to next level, the Regal Revolution is an incredible fly tying vise that can do it all! This is Regal's Flagship vise and for good reason. In fact it is one of Regal’s few rotary vises. This allows you to rotate the fly a full 360 degrees continuously so you can crank through those midges and easily see the underside of those delicate dries. With multiple configurations, this vise allows you to custom tailor your vice to the style of flies you most commonly tie. This Revolution also comes in some really fun colors so if we don’t have exactly what you are looking for, call us and we can have the vice configured to your exact specifications. This is a top tier vice for the tyer who is looking to upgrade his or her equipment for a more enjoyable and productive tying experience.
2) Renzetti Traveler 2000 Vise These vices are incredible value for the money. The Renzetti Traveler series has everything a tier would need in a practical and compact package. This vise has the ability to tie both tiny freshwater midges and well as bigger saltwater streamers. The Traveler is also a true rotary vice making it much more versatile than a standard base vice. With included accessories such as a bobbin cradle, this is great vise for fly tiers of any skill level.
3) Fishpond Tomahawk Fly Tying Kit Know a fly tyer who is always on the move and constantly chasing that next bite? If you do then this might be the perfect gift. The Tomahawk fly tying kit is purpose designed to grab your gear and go. This bag features multiple compartments for storing every manner of tying material and tool. The Fishpond Tomahawk Fly Tying Kit will keep all of the tying materials organized and easily accessible. When traveling to far flung destinations where fly shops are nonexistent, this bag is a must-have.
4) Fishpond Road Trip Fly Tying Kit Another great fly tying travel case from Fishpond. Not only will this keep all of your essential tools and materials organized, it also makes them easily transportable. The Fishpond Road Trip Fly Tying Kit eliminates those misplaced hooks or feathers when on the go to the next fishing location. Just grab it, throw it in the car, and it is there when you need it. The Road Trip will hold a vise, all the tools you need, glues, and all the materials to tie flies on the go and make those critical adjustments as conditions change. Having the ability to easily tie flies while on those trips means you do not need to stock up on flies you may not need, and you will never not have the right fly in your box.
5) Dr. Slick Scissor Gift Set Fly tyers take their scissors seriously. It is a critical tool that can make or break a fly and cheaping out can often make fly tying a hassle not an enjoyable pastime. Dr. Slick makes some of the best tools on the market, including scissors. The Dr. Slick gift set comes with 3 different styles of scissors for a wide variety of situations. From large rough cuts to very precise finishing cuts, this set has a scissor or every situation. They are razor sharp and tempered to hold an edge for years of use. Light and durable, this scissor set is a perfect gift for fly tyers of all skill levels. This is also a great stocking stuffer!
6) Vedavoo Bench Pro Fly Tying Apron Have you ever spilled 2 part epoxy on yourself? If you have you know that it completely destroys any article of clothing in comes into contact with. Glues, head cements, and UV resins are not much better, so for that Vedavoo has come out with the Bench Pro Fly Tying Apron. No long will the tyer in your life risk their brand new fishing shirt or sweater while at the bench. The Vedavoo Bench Pro Fly Tying Apron has integrated chest pockets ideal for all tools one may need. Made from super durable Cordura, this apron will hold up to years and years of abuse.
7) Wapsi Deluxe Fly Tying Starter Set For that angler who wants to take thing to the next level, tying flies is a natural progression. Most anglers start out with store bought flies, however many will soon take to the tying bench to create their own flies custom tailored to their fishery. The Wapsi Deluxe Fly Tying Starter set will teach the new fly tyer the fundamentals of tying their own fly with an instructional DVD that covers the steps to tie a wide variety of flies. The kit comes with absolutely everything you would need to start tying flies including the vise, tools and materials.
8) Wapsi Fly Tying Starter Kit This kit is similar to the Deluxe but is designed to tie fewer flies and be a bit easier for the novice. The Wapsi Fly Tying Starter Kit still includes the vise, tools, and all materials but is designed to be a bit less complicated and comprehensive as the Deluxe Kit. This is the perfect introductory kit for younger tiers. It comes with the instructional DVD that will walk the tyer through each step of each fly slowly and precisely. This is the perfect gift for the aspiring fly tyer!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …